Friday, August 01, 2008

Quincy



the better realities
of the tragic mind,
with fidelity to the past
sew the ephemeral twine
of sleepers thoughts,
my morning dreams to unwind.
lingering like false memories
or hopes which fell behind,
she walks the halls of my closed eyes
where i,
in waking cannot find.
and what am i in waking
that a dream cannot rewind?

----------------


the day has ended,
the sun travelled, burned
and descended.
we now to compose our dreams
out of stories and hopes
which time has suspended.
good night darren,
say a prayer for all those
on whom you've depended,
and farewell we'll say
to this world which god has pretended.

10 comments:

Its better to think said...

I always like your poems

Its better to think said...

Deciphering poems, however, is not my forte, so perhaps you could enlighten me on your thoughts in a bit more straightforward language?

Its better to think said...

or maybe that would defeat the purpose?

Jesse said...

Those are some great pictures. It's also my opinion that "ephemeral" is the most poetic word in the English language. Every time I hear that word, no matter the context, I automatically think of poetry.

Lanny said...

I think you need some new shorts, tyler.

slightlee said...

These are poems i wrote while working in north cal. The first is about vivid dreams that linger, the second was one i left on the white board for the guy i share a trailer with. The pictures are of the swimming hole we went to most days after work. Quincy is a nice place to spend 45 days of summer.

E said...

nor cal? i live in central cal. you should have dropped by. it's only 4 hours away. or better yet, i have friends with houses in north lake tahoe that I spent quite a bit of time at. tahoe is even closer to quincy.

JamiTequiero said...

Hey thanks for drowning me in a tonnage of artists I've never heard of and therefore probably won't sleep until I've heard them all. I have actually heard of Jeff Buckley. He's not dead is he?

slightlee said...

yes, he has passed, but this only adds to the pensive depth of his emotional voice. Let me know if you like any of those artists.

Jerry said...

Drowning...Jeff Buckley...ironic choice of words, Jami.

I enjoyed the poems and the pics, Tyler. Really makes me miss the great out-doors. Well done, sir.