Sunday, September 04, 2005

emails

she types out her heart with thoughtless care
or so i guessed in my best despair
don't send to me so carelessly
all your cavalier memories
that make me wish i could be there
with you and your sister
summer night coming back from the fair
jump out of the car and dance all night
dip spin twirl you close in, briefly tight
and let you go to dance alone
come back to me under the street lamp light
this feels right
i read this and think of you, you do too
think of me so carelessly
to remind me you remember

5 comments:

E said...

deep

slightlee said...

i love this poem, almost as much as i love the memory.

E said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
E said...

i called you to ask your opinion on something

E said...

the memory of dancing with someone? you dance mr. newton? emotion does shine through on this one I like it.